Monday, March 02, 2009

The Dreamdayproject in a (Soap) Bubble!


It is Monday Morning. I have no boss waiting for me to show up at a certain hour. No tasks that were given to me to finish this week. Nevertheless, I woke up this morning feeling I had no time to waste. The reason why? A Dreamdayproject graphical image is about to take shape.

While visiting Mexico City last weekend I happened to find myself right in a scenario that I didn´t think was anything more than a beautiful image at the time. It wasn´t until I looked at the photographs a couple of days later, that I realized I was looking at an embryo to a future Dreamdayproject graphical image. The image I had tried to evoke for weeks but with no success.

It was right in the middle of the Zócalo in Mexico City. The big Mexican flag was swaying above me. The sun had just come out when I caught sight of something moving. They were soap bubbles. A woman was standing somewhere on the square blowing them. They were so beautiful, shining and reflecting all the colours from the city around. I noticed a young boy trying to hit one. Other bubbles danced around for a bit until they slowly drifted away towards the sky.

And suddenly it became so symbolic. Every soap bubble was like a dream. Both difficult to reach and impossible to take into your hands. Mesmerizing you with their beauty and fragility. You can either smash them as the little boy or admire them from a distance, carefully, as they slowly drift away from you. I guess as we grow older we tend to do the latter. Even with our dreams.

Anyhow, the image of the Dreamdayproject has now finally materialized. And the new mission can finally start: To create the long awaited Dreamdayproject website. So get yourselves prepared for a site filled with old and new dreamday notes, lots of video material and many Dreamday surprises!




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

K, fantastisk bilder! Did you play with the color in the second one, or is that how the day looked? I want to come to Mexico. We just had an enormous snow storm here; it is a quiet, heavy, winter night. Buenas noches y dulces sueños a ti! B, en tres lenguas

Krystallia Sakellariou said...

Hi Brittany!
Thanks for the comment! Yeah, I did play with the colors quite alot, I will see how it turns out in the end for the website.

It sounds cosy with snow in NY:-) But if you miss the sun, do come and visit!
All the best from Mexico!!

K

Lisa Lundström said...

Hej
Kul att titta in på ditt Dreamdayprojekt. Hoppas allt är bra over there in the sun...
Här är det snöigt. Är just nu i Umeå. Ska visa ditt Huvvaprojekt för mina systrar!
Sköt om dig!
Kram Lisa

Krystallia Sakellariou said...

Hej Lisa!
Kul att du tittade förbi!!

Det skulle vara kul att spela in Huvva i orginalform i Norrland (på äkta dialekt!) med dina systrar:-)

Ha det så bra i Umeå!
Många kramar tillbaka!

Anonymous said...

Hello

Thanks for this page, very interesting info.

--
[url=http://poocoeas.blogspot.com]pool coat easy[/url] , [url=http://camattresbeeswa.blogspot.com]cast mattress beeswax[/url] , [url=http://cannbootvotiv.blogspot.com]canned boots votive[/url] , [url=http://advancbofle.blogspot.com]advanced box fleur[/url] , [url=http://colocldar.blogspot.com]color club dart[/url]