Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Dreamday Sticker Becomes Eye-Catcher in Mexico City


Mexico City is the second largest city in the world. It is situated on an altitud of 2240 meters and it has a population of about 22 million. It might sound as a big and angry monster. But a walk in the downtown of Mexico is no more hectic than any other capital city that I have visited.


Right in the middle of the Zócalo, the main square in Mexico City, stands an enourmous Mexican flag. On a sunny day you can see people creating a line in the shadow from the flagstaff, slowly moving around as the hand of a big solar clock.

Around the square there seems to be a special energy in the air that just makes you want to stay there hour after hour. Maybe that is why the Aztecs built their pyramids on the very same spot before the Spaniords destroyed them in favor of a Catholic cathedral still standing tall on one of the sides of the Zócalo. Or maybe it is because of its long history, of all the people that have gathered here for centuries. Or maybe because the air here feels fresh and high, even if Mexico City is supposed to be one of the most polluted cities in the world.

I was filming dreamdays right here, behind the cathedral in the summer of 2006. But this time around I did not bring my video camera. Squeezed into my bag were instead a couple of Dreamday stickers. Right before taking the bus back to Puebla I took up three of them and placed them rapidly along my way to the bus. The first one I placed on the stairs just around the corner of the opera house. Then the second one on a wooden wall outside the metro station Bellas Artes. And the last one on a notice board while waiting for the metro.

I jumped on the bus back to Puebla with a feeling of fulfillment. I had left a small trace of the Dreamdayproject in a city where nobody otherwise would have noticed I had even been there. And even if it is just in my dreams, maybe one of the 22 million people will make a stop for a second reading Cómo sería Tu Día Perfecto ? and think about the question for a second before disappearing in the crowds of the second largest city in the world.





























































5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

hi friends. I'm really into shoes and I have been searching for that singular make. The prices as regards the velcros are around 320 dollars on every site. But finally I found this locate selling them someone is concerned half price. I absolutely like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy those. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

hello people. I'm honestly into shoes and I have been searching for that exact model. The prices due to the fact that the velcros are around 180 bucks on every site. But for all I set this location selling them as a remedy for half price. I exceptionally love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy these. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

hello fellas. I'm actually into shoes and I have been searching allowing for regarding that meticulous model. The prices seeking the velcros were around 320 dollars on every site. But definitively I set this locate selling them as a remedy for half price. I absolutely like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase these. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

I love dreamdayproject.blogspot.com! Here I always find a lot of helpful information for myself. Thanks you for your work.
Webmaster of http://loveepicentre.com and http://movieszone.eu
Best regards