Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Dream Day Poem by Jesús Herrera

A while ago I got a Dream Day poem from a young poet called Jesús Herrera in Puebla. It was written in Spanish and I was going to translate it into English once my Spanish had improved. But before I was finished with my course, a young journalist from Mexico City; Gabriel Infante, who had found Proyecto Zapato on Youtube, read my blog, discovered the poem, offered to translate it for me. It was of course an offer I could not resist.

Thank you Jesús and Gabriel for your contribution to the Dreamdayproject!

Here comes the Dream Day poem translated into English:


How dramatic can perfection be?

How monotonous or
ephemeral?

Could I contemplate the ether
of the fountains

and the grid of a dream
of exiles;

What justices that claim
nostalgia

without gods perception
or the empty chairs,

dismantle the wooden
coffins

and protects their smile against
melancholic beams

and shoes stories,
without laces on the asphalt

nor residual of slaves,
to abolish the oblivion in each

estimated steps,
reciting to new vicious

of wolfs and
veiled anarchists

in this battle against,
human structure,

dream day…
dismantle dictatorship
and all the utopias


2 comments:

equisy said...

Hi Krystallia, thanks for your kind words and it was a great pleasure helping you out with the translation.

Take care and enjoy what is left of your vacations in Sweden.

Krystallia Sakellariou said...

Hi Gabriel!
Thanks alot! I am enjoying the last days here spending alot of time in the forest:-)

You take care too!

Greetings from Sweden!