Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Dreamdayproject In Five Uniforms!

Yesterday was my first day at work as an English teacher here in Puebla. After months of Dreamday freedom I had to get used to structure again and wearing my first uniform since my days at the post office in Gothenburg. With a t-shirt for every day of the week, atleast I will never be confused about which day of the week it is.

On Thursday (pink t-shirt day) I have the day off to go to Oaxaca to finally present at Pecha Kucha. I will leave my uniform at home and for the very first time get up on stage and talk about the Dreamdayproject.






3 comments:

Brittany said...

You didn't say you were going to teach English! That is so impressive. I can't believe the shirt thing, though. I'd have lost my mind if they'd tried to get me to do that, to be sure. (Not to mention I usually only do laundry every three weeks and can't wear a shirt more than one day without soiling it.) But the shirts appear to suit you, despite the fact that you are cutting your head off in the pictures (does that symbolize your distaste for a color-coded week?)! Good luck with the teaching. And good luck up on stage! Just remember how well framing your face at Pustervik went (I actually used that idea at the museum last month!) if you feel any moments of fear. And remember, you are art itself :)

Frida Noren said...

No way! A t-shirt colour for each day of the week, I laughed out loud at the idea...

Good luck and all the best for your presentation on Thursday, you´ll be fantastic!
Lots of love, Frida

Krystallia Sakellariou said...

Dear friends in NY! (I just realized my dreamday support is strongest either in the New York or Karl Gustav area:-)

Thank you for your nice comments! I have been talking so much about this Pecha Kucha thing but today I realized I have thought about everything except what to actually say when I get up there:-) I have worked on the project for so many years and talked so much about it, but still I can´t find a way to describe it with a few words for somebody who hasn´t follwed the process.

It would be much easier if I did have a frame around my head like in Pustervik ( I actually thought about sticking my head in a glass bubble or something instead...)

I will let you know how it all went!

Lots of love back!