Tuesday, October 07, 2008

A Dreamday Question That Was Never Asked But Still Answered

The other day I took a plane from Göteborg to Visby. I had decided to bring my accordion and was struggling to fit it inside one of the small luggage shelves above the seats in the plane. I found a spot and squeezed in the bag. Then I looked around for a seat close by and spotted one next to a man in his fifties. I sat down and a few seconds later he turns to me and says: That was a big bag you had there, what do you have in it?


-It is an accordion I respond.

Oh! He replies. Accordions, that is something I relate more to my parents in law or something. How come you started to play the accordion??

I start telling him the story that I have told to so many times before. How I for years had dreamt of playing the accordion and that then one day I saw one for sale in a market in Warsaw and just followed my instinct and bought it straight away. I could not play a tune, but slowly slowly I started to practise for myself. Not that I am an expert now, but it was just one of those things that I had wanted to do for so long and that if I wouldn´t do it I would always continue dreaming.

When telling the man this I was reminded, again, about my dreamdayproject.

We chatted a little about this and that and at one point I was just about ready to ask him about his dreamday. But I never got to ask him. And I am happy I didn´t, because it came all by itself. The man slowly starts telling me that he always dreamt of playing the flute but he never got around to do it. I got really triggered about it and start attacking the poor man about how he can just go home and look for one on the Internet. He laughs and says, you make it all sound so easy.

I keep thinking about him every now and then wondering if he got himself a flute or not...

1 comment:

Karentfal said...

Buy gold. In my last few posts I taked about how summer was usually bad for the price of Gold. Well I was wrong, we are in a new phase now. UK Gold prices have just reached an. FAQs > Investment > World Gold Council. Our How to Buy area outlines the various forms gold investment. for the Amex Gold BUGS (Basket of Unhedged Gold Stocks. level of global mine production is relatively stable. Kotak Gold ETF Gold ETF Funds Tax Saving Sensex ETF Kotak. Invest gold etf India is an open ended gold ETF fund, deposit gold with banks in return for fees to the extent permitted by regulators, which would invest in gold.