Saturday, October 03, 2009

Santo Angel Custodio



Yesterday I woke up at 5 am by the sound of fireworks. For a moment I was confused; It was not New Years Eve, nor did it seem like any of our neighbours were having a party...

Then I realized: The fireworks did come from one of our neighbours across the street; the Church of Analco, who was beginning a 24 hour celebration of the patron saint of the Barrio de Analco; Santo Angel Custodio.

The fireworks continued all day until it was time for the religious procession dedicated to the saint. When they passed by our front door I had to go out and join them. Whatever religion you are, it is hard not to feel touched by the magic created in these processions.

2 comments:

equisy said...

Hi Krystallia, your back from Sweden, how was your trip back to Puebla?

Yeah the town celebrations are colorful, but it's annoying at some point listening all night the fireworks, and specially if you have a pet dog, the sound is tormenting for them, they have very sensible ears.

Hope to hear from you Krysatallia,

Best,
Gabriel

Krystallia Sakellariou said...

Hi Gabriel!
Yes I am back in Puebla now! The trip back was fine! I talked to an old man from San Luis Potosí on the plane who had just come back from Egypt. "I have dreamt about Egypt all my life he told me, and I always wanted to see the pyramids!"

It is funny, everytime I travel I seem to meet somebody who says something connected to their dreams:-) I regret I didn´t film him telling me his Dream Day...

Yeah as you say the fireworks can be pretty annoying, we live basically next to the church and they are so loud!!! Until the procession started I was slightly annoyed but when the evening came and they started to play and sing, and after eating some Pan de Fiesta I was in a much better mood:-)

Hope everything is good in DF, I am keeping an eye on your blog too!